I often talk about ‘the most common interview questions’. But what are the most common interview questions?
We often worry about what we’re going to be asked in Interviews. Why? There is only so many questions and types of questions an interviewer can ask. That’s why I’ve prepared 21 of the Most Common Interview Questions, to help you.
Most Common Interview Questions
Here’s a list to help you in your preparation:
- Tell me about yourself
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why should we hire/employ you?
- What are your goals?
- Why is there a gap in your employment
- Where do you want to be in 5 years time?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What 3 positive words would your boss/friends say about you?
- Have you got any questions?
- Tell me about a time when something went well
- Tell me about a time when something went wrong and you dealt with it
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Why are you looking for a new job?
- What do you know about our company?
- Describe yourself
- What motivates you?
- What do you want to develop about yourself?
- How do you handle pressure/stress?
- What do you like to do outside of work?
- What’s unique about you?
This list, of the 21 Most Common Interview Questions, provides a great starting point for your interview preparation.
If you prepare answers to these questions you’ll be well ahead of the competition. Most candidates don’t bother. Don’t be one of them.
Spend time ahead of interviewing for new roles by creating answers to each of these questions. Make the answers concise. Rehearse them. Refine them. You’ll be pleased you did.
Always be prepared. You’ll stand a better chance of Interview Success if you do.
QUESTION: What question would you add to this list?